CHF is an active contributor to the health policy agenda in Australia. The aim of CHF’s policy activities is to ensure that the consumer perspective is considered and consumer needs are addressed in the development and review of national health policies and reforms.
The CHF Policy Development Framework outlines the processes involved in the development of CHF policy.
CHF contributes to the health policy agenda in a number of ways:
- Submissions to national inquiries
- Conducting projects in topical policy areas
- Providing position statements on areas of concern for health consumers
- Meetings with key stakeholders including government, health professionals and industry bodies
- Providing media comment on current health policy issues
CHF draws on the expertise of its members and consumer representatives in developing its policy positions, through information papers, workshops and meetings, e-list communications and other consultative processes.